There’s a book in you and I want to read it.
I’m always on the lookout for new writers and I know there are many writers out there who start, then stop, then start again! Well, in this competition, I’d like you to go from A to B in a fun way!
As for you readers out there! You know better than anyone what grips you and keeps you turning the pages well into the early hours of the morning. How many times have you shouted out, “No!” because that’s not how you wanted the story to end?
Now’s your chance to spin your story the way you want.
Table of Contents
One prize up for grabs! (See Competition Rules for more details.)
- Critique of one of your manuscripts by an experienced publishing panel which includes yours truly.
- Porscha Sterling & Royalty Publishing House swag
What To Write
Below are 3 GIFs, a storyboard, if you will. Write a short story based on these. You can pick either 1 GIF, or all 3, it’s up to you. But your story must revolve around at least one of them.
How To Enter
Entry to the writing competition will be made online. First, make sure you read the Competition Rules to ensure you comply with them. Failure to do so will result in instant disqualification.
By submitting your short story, you’re agreeing to the Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- This short story writing competition runs from March 17, 2018 to April 30, 2018.
- The winner will be announced May 30, 2018.
- One entry per person.
- No amendments can be made to an entry once submitted.
- Keep a copy! We won’t email or return your entry.
- All entries over the word count will be disqualified automatically.
- Only ONE winner will be selected – although other stories will be showcased via the web or social media
You must be over 16 at the time of the closing date.
Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and by submitting you’re confirming that the work is your own. If evidence is found for this not to be so, it will result in immediate disqualification.
If your entry has been listed in other competition but has not won a prize or been published, it will still be eligible.
Your story can be between 300 and 2,000 words in length (the title is not included in the word count).
- Entries are accepted online only.
- The title of your entry should be the filename.
- Add the word count to the top right of the first page.
- Any font, 12pt, black.
- Double line spaced (i.e. a blank line space between each line).
- The file must be either a .doc, .docx, .rtf, .pdf or .txt file.
Good luck, everyone!