I’m sick and tired of this crap!
“Great, another night shift. My feet are killing me”.
“I’m so broke, I don’t know how I’m going to make rent this month.”
So many of us are stuck in a rut. We’ve come to a stand-still in life and we don’t know how to keep pushing forward.
You work long and gruelling hours for little to no pay. You hate your co-workers who are always trying to sabotage you. You are tired of not having enough money to pay off your car and student debts. All of your relationships have hit the fan and your love life is as poppin’ as Hazel E’s career right now.
But don’t worry, I’m here to tell you that… nothing is permanent.So many of us are stuck in a rut. We’ve come to a stand-still in life and we don’t know how to keep pushing forward. Click To Tweet
It doesn’t matter if you’re stuck at a small-time job with no end in sight. Or, if you’re living in a cramped apartment you’re forced to share with people you can’t stand. Or, if your daily commute is on a depressing bus which never comes on schedule. (Plus, you swear to black Jesus that the bus driver saw you running to catch the bus and closed the doors on you on purpose).
You might be in a small time job now but, who knows how the ball will turn? Next thing you know, you’re managing your own company. Living in a crappy apartment now? You might wake up tomorrow in a nice, quiet flat of your own. Taking a horrible bus day in and day out? You could be cruising in your own Mustang or Dodge before you know it.
Wondering how the hell you’re going to get there?
Here are some tips that you can try out to make sure that you are headed towards the life of your dreams.
Three ways to start achieving your dream
1. Write it Down
I am telling you. Something happens when you write your dreams down. Did you know that 99% of society never writes their dreams or goals down? And, the other 1% make more money than the 99% combined. That’s something to think about. There is power in words… even if they are only written.
You are the author of your life. It might not make sense right now but if you write down your dream or future goal then hopefully, that’s where the change starts.
2. Reverse Engineer
Think about where you want to be in the next 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years. Then look back to what you need to be doing every month, every week, every day in order to get closer to your dreams. A lack of focus kills so many dreams. Creating a clear and focused plan is the best way to stay on target and hold yourself accountable.
3. Keep Strong Amongst Your Haters
There are going to be people hatin’ on you which you can’t escape. Your family, friends, and co-workers will start to feel uncomfortable once they realize you want more for yourself.
“Oh so, you BIG time now?”
“And who da heck does she think she is?”
“Ya need ta remember your roots!”
You don’t have to justify your dreams and goals to anyone.
This isn’t American Idol. You don’t need anyone else to sign a permission slip for your dream. It’s yours! I can promise you one thing: you will lose friends on the road to success. There are simply certain people who won’t like the blessings you’re getting because of the fact that you’re the one getting them!
Join my readers' mailing club!
Join my readers' mailing club!
It doesn’t matter how hard you worked or how many sacrifices you made; they will hate you just because of the reason that you started in the same place that they did and achieved more. Watch out for these types! It’s hard to figure out who is who sometimes but the best advice I can give you is: Trust your gut. The very first time someone shows you that their loyalty may be questionable, realize that there is no question about it–they can’t be trusted!
If there is one thing I will leave you with, it is…
Input equals output.
And there are no shortcuts.
I could go more into this topic but I’ll leave some for my upcoming show. (Yes, I am going to insert a shameless plug) Stay tuned for Wine Down with Porscha Sterling which is coming soon. The cost of success is a topic that I will definitely get into and I promise that it won’t be an easy discussion but it’s much needed for anyone striving for more.
Also, read my post Focus on you, love you…first! to learn how to … starting from yourself.
What do you think? Let me know in the comments.